Friday, May 15, 2009

Father and Son

The two boys of the house are fast becoming Best Buddies. When Steve comes home from work I tell Titus, "daddy's home!" and he drops what he's doing and scoots quickly over to the door. He lights up when he sees Steve coming in the house. Lately Steve has been taking Titus to the park after work. It's fun for me to see Steve strapping the little guy in his car seat and heading off with towards the park. They play for an hour or so and come back for dinner. I know as Titus gets older the two of them will be doing even more together. I picture Titus following behind his dad as the two head off to play basketball or go fishing. I know that my job in raising Titus is much different from Steve's responsibilities in his upbringing. I make sure Titus is fed, clean, and happy. I enjoy my time with my son but I know that Steve has a much different role in raising our little Titus. He is the one who will teach Titus what it means to be a man and to help him grow up to be the kind of man that we desire him to be.


"A mother spoils her sons and trains her daughters, A father spoils his daughters and trains his sons."

No comments:

Post a Comment