Monday, May 11, 2009

the Weekend

It was a big weekend in our home. My birthday was on Saturday and my first Mother's Day was Sunday. The weekend was filled with gifts (Steve always overdoes it...he reminds me of my dad with my mom), relaxing, naps and trips to the beach. How wonderful to have two days to celebrate me! :)
thank you to everyone for all the lovely cards!...
Titus' thumb print mouse gift bag...
book from Titus on my first Mother's Day...

I didn't get any pictures of Titus and I on our first Mother's Day together..something I am very much regretting. I set up the tripod and self-timer on Monday to try to get a decent picture of us. I got ONE...

Here are a couple more pictures from the past week---

This is how we find Titus each morning, after every nap, and while he's supposed to be napping. Now that he has learned to stand, he doesn't ever want to be lying down or even sitting. It has been a challenge to get him to go to bed at night and to take naps during the day. Unless he is exhausted, he will stand up, turn his mobile on (by pushing the buttons), and "yell" for someone to come get him. As soon as I open his bedroom door he begins to jump in his crib laughing. That makes me laugh and any chance of him napping has just gone out the window.
I took this picture of him at the park last week. I think he looks like such a little boy. It is so hard to believe that he is almost ten months old (on Friday).

1 comment: