I'm sitting here at our kitchen table in our new home. So much to be done yet. I want to decorate and organize and move furniture and paint and get the nursery done...and on and on the list goes. I'm now 32 weeks pregnant and I started having back/leg pain last week and have been unable to do much of anything. It's a struggle to stay still and rest when there is so much I want to do. Not only am I in a new house and wanting/needing to unpack and decorate but I am entering the nesting phase of this pregnancy. At the moment, I am trying to resist the urge to paint our bedroom and put together the crib.
This is our fourth home in the seven years we've been married. I always forget how much goes into moving. I enjoy the packing but about halfway through the unpacking I realize I don't want to go through it all again for a long time.
---took a break for lunch, put Titus down for a nap, and put the crib together :)---
Steve and I both have a desire to see the world and live near the beach and travel...so I'm not sure that this is where we'll stay for long either. That's also the reason why we decided not to buy a house but rather to rent once again. Although we feel this is best for our family now, it isn't to say that it's where we'll feel is best for us in the years ahead.
It continues to be a struggle to adjust to this area. It's a huge transition to see Amish buggies and farmers...living right next door and across the street. Since moving in we've had two Amish families come to welcome us to the neighborhood. Steve came in the house yesterday and said, "We have a cow on our roof." It's a metal cow and I had noticed it a few days earlier and kinda cringed as well. I think we both would consider ourselves more of the city-loving type so to now be living in the middle of farmland is a huge change. At the same time we are seeing the positives of being back. Steve says for him it's seeing Titus so happy. For me it's been the help of family to babysit and meeting up with old friends. And it is great to see Titus running and playing in our new house and outside. We've been able to bring out toys that were too loud for him to play with in the condo. We don't have to worry about people hearing him through the walls or the floor. For me, it's been very freeing not to have to put such restrictions on him. I also love all the windows here in this house. I felt trapped in a lot of days in the condo. Now I have a whole room made entirely of windows. It's been rainy the past two days and I've loved it. I find it relaxing.
So, as we continue to transition, and unpack, and prepare for the new baby, and Steve gets ready to start his new job...we're so glad to have the help of our families and friends to lighten our load.
Oh, and I know our web address still includes 'mayos in florida' and though we're not in Florida anymore, I've decided not to go through the hassle of changing it. And, who knows, maybe we'll be back there one day...Steve thinks we will be. :)
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment