Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Mountains

This past weekend Titus took his first trip to the mountains. I had my first trip to the same mountain cabin when I was a month old. When my grandfather was young he bought the cabin with a group of his friends. When he married my grandmother they went together, then they took their daughters and then us grandkids. It's been in the family forever and I have great childhood memories of time spent there. As I've gotten older it's lost most of its charm (for me) and I haven't been there much in the past twelve years. I was hesitant about going this summer being eight months pregnant and having contractions and terrible back pain the past week. The morning we were to leave, I still wasn't sure what to do. But Titus and I packed up the car and decided we would join the family and go. Steve had to work so we went with my mom, dad, sister and her two youngest. The next day my aunt Audrey, aunt Jean, her husband, and my cousin Pam came. It was a tight fit in that little cabin, but we enjoyed our time together. Titus loved it. He was outside most of the day. He was dirty from the moment he stepped foot outside in the morning until I washed him up at night (no shower or bathtub). He played with cousin Jackson with cars and trucks in the dirt, following Jackson everywhere. Towards the end of trip they started to bicker like siblings, but mostly got along really well. It made me even more excited to see Titus grow up with a brother. It was a difficult trip for me, but I made it through and am glad to have been able to make new memories with Titus there at the cabin.






No comments:

Post a Comment