Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's Been Awhile

I must say, I've lost interest in online journaling lately.

-Life has been busy.
-I haven't been taking many pictures.
-Steve bought us a {real} journal for 2012 and we've been writing some in that. More personal, less public. I'm enjoying having that opportunity.

Life has been moving on. Quickly. When we came down for this second time, I decided I would take every opportunity that came along. I knew if I didn't I would possibly feel secluded {again} and stay in too much {again}. I never realized how full it would make my schedule. That combined with now having two kids. And a child in school for the first time. It's been a good busy...but more than I'm used to. Quite a change for me. I will say though that I'm seeing God show up in my life in ways I never did before. There was one area of involvement that I wanted to quit on several occasions. It was just too far out of my comfort zone. Another area of involvement that I didn't know if I would say yes to. It just seemed like too much. I see God's faithfulness now and blessings! and I think it's due to my being faithful to Him. It's a great feeling. Such excitement when I see how certain things are "coming together."

Steve and I were also just blessed with being able to attend (free of charge) a marriage conference at the church. It was Mark Driscoll's Real Marriage tour. We had been feeling like we needed a little something in our marriage and this was just the thing. It was such a great opportunity for us to reconnect and tweak a few things in our lives that will make the marriage better. Steve's mom was here for the conference and babysat for us both Friday night and Saturday morning. Then Sunday afternoon, for four of the most relaxing hours, Steve and I went to the beach alone and reflected on the conference and talked.

Steve is currently praying through some new opportunities that have been presented to him at work. Trying to see what God wants for him and what's best for our family.

{Daily life}

A man from our community gave Titus this board. He attaches it to his red trike and takes it to the pool. A boy who is obsessed with vehicles can't possibly carry it. It must be transported to the pool.






Titus and classmates celebrating his teacher's birthday-


Mom-Mom came to spend a week with us...and it was such a wonderful treat. She is so focused on the kids and is such a huge help to me. It's a bit of an extended break for me. :) It's always nice to see Steve spending time with his family. The last night of her visit, the two of them spent time watching YouTube and laughing hysterically. Steve often struggles to make time for phone calls to his family back home so having his mom here and seeing them just hanging out was good to see.

This was in chapel with Titus-

No comments:

Post a Comment