I took this picture after we put him back to show how he started out. I started putting him to sleep on the floor by our bed at night instead of in his SweetPeace. I felt like he needed more room to stretch out and he likes to sleep on his stomach, but I can't bring myself to put him in his own room in his crib. I make excuses for it..."his room is too far from ours" or "he's still eating at night and it's easier this way for me to feed him." But I know that I just feel better with him next to me. I still reach down several times a night to feel him breathing. Steve isn't too keen on the idea of him sleeping in his own room either. When I put him to bed in his own room, Steve always says, "just bring him in here with us." He has started out in his crib a few nights but not many. I know that watching my parents lose Dustin and seeing a friend lose her young child has given me this unhealthy fear. I feel like I can protect him by having him next to me. This is just something I need to work through.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
He's a Mover!
Tonight when Steve went in to check on Titus this is what he found....
...he even took his elephant blanket along with him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Morgan, I did the same thing! Finlay was in our room for about 4 months b/c he got up so much at night (and b/c I loved having him near!) but my doctor eventually encouraged me to put him in his own room b/c we were having trouble with him not sleeping more than 3 hours at a time. It DID work wonders! The doctor reminded me that babies can smell you, and are aware when you're near, and get up much more b/c of that. He sleeps much better in his own room, and I do too! BUT, I still touch his back every night before I go to bed to make sure he's breathing too :) Just can't help myself :) Titus looks so darn cute with that elephant blanket! He's just adorable!!
ReplyDeleteHe looks so cute and peaceful!! I love the elephant blanket...
ReplyDelete