Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back Home.

We've been back now for about five days. I've been meaning to write and post pictures for a few days now, but am just now getting to it. Our drive back went well...but is just so long! We didn't have any problems with the weather, the car, or much traffic. That was a blessing! It is difficult enough for Titus to last the entire 18 hour drive, I can't imagine if it had been made longer due to traffic or dealing with a flat tire. We did stop overnight at a hotel in South Carolina. We stayed at a Hampton Inn...it was wonderful. I don't know if we were just so happy to be out of the car, or if the hotel was really that nice...either way, we loved our one night stay! Steve did tell the lady at the desk, "I need to write a review for this hotel-it is so great!" We arrived at our condo around 8:00pm. It was so great to see Titus walking around the house! He was still crawling when we left. I don't think he remembered the house. He and I both were excited to see his toys that we had left here...we both had forgotten what he had. He has been adjusting well to being back. He has switched to a one-nap-a-day schedule that has been working really well for us all. It's nice to know each day that he has a routine and I can plan our day around it. We've been having some issues with behavior, which though the pediatrician said is normal, still has us a bit concerned. Titus is a very strong-willed child and I think that is going to be something we have to work long and hard with him on. At his one year check-up he weighed 23 pounds 13 ounces and measured 30 1/2 inches. He is tall for his age and average weight. He is walking everywhere now and loves the pool. We took him today for the first time since being back. He seems to prefer swimming with us over being in his floaty now. He also loves the beach! I took him on my own early in the week while Steve was at the school and then we took a family trip yesterday. I think our family time at the beach will last longer than it did last year when we would go home after only an hour. Titus seems so content there on the beach, playing in the sand, splashing in the water, and picking up seaweed. Overall, we are all happy to be back. Steve is getting his classroom ready and is looking forward to in-service days this week and then students returning next Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment