This is the restaurant from the pier. We sat inside the big windows and felt like we could step right out onto the sand.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
What a Week!
Beyond exhausted is how I would describe myself right now. It was a long week. The relief that I was hoping to get from the weekend...didn't quite come. Steve had in service all this week. I didn't realize how long his days would be...I don't think he did either. He left the house each day before Titus or I got out of bed. He was usually out the door around 6:45am. Titus would start his (and my) day around 7:00. My days weren't terribly full last week. We had a play date with two ladies and their little boys. Titus did well and loved playing at a new house with new toys. On Wednesday morning, I was in our bathroom brushing my teeth and washing my face when out of the corner of my eye...I saw a little critter. Sure enough it was a lizard. The Saturday before when we were heading out the door for the beach, a lizard scampered in the door and went under the floor. Steve put tape over the crack and we thought we had him trapped. I guess we didn't. He must've found a way out from under the floor and into the house. After I saw him in the bathroom, I got him trapped in our bedroom. He stayed there all day until Steve came home and trapped him under a cup...and that was the end of the lizard. Steve didn't get home before 5:00 any day last week. We all sat down to dinner each evening then it was bath time and bedtime for Titus. On Friday I went in to the school for the Anticipation Celebration. The students could come to school with their parents and meet their teachers and get locker combinations and other information that would make their 1st day go more smoothly. It was nice to see Steve in his classroom interacting with his students and their parents. Saturday morning we took Titus to the park...he loved it! He hadn't been there since he started walking. It was so hot at 9am that we didn't stay too long. After lunch we put him down for a nap and when we woke up 3 1/2 hours later, he had a fever. I knew he had to be sick because he never sleeps more than 2 hours. He got up and played but was back in bed at 5:30pm. He slept all night through and woke up today without a fever. For lunch today we went to a restaurant on the beach called Aruba. It was such a cute place. We sat inside but were literally inches from the sand. We sat by a wall of huge windows that separated us from the beach. After our lunch we walked out onto a pier and watched the fisherman. It was a beautiful day. Titus loved it so much he decided to skip his nap today. Sleeping only 10 minutes in the car on the way home. By 4:00 we were all tired and cranky. Now, the house is quiet...the school lunches are packed for the week...Steve is looking over his schedule...and we are getting ready for a new week- the first week of school!
This is the restaurant from the pier. We sat inside the big windows and felt like we could step right out onto the sand.









This is the restaurant from the pier. We sat inside the big windows and felt like we could step right out onto the sand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment