Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just Titus

I always forget to write things down as they happen...usually they come back to me and I eventually remember to write them down. This "conversation" took place on Saturday.

When my mom and aunt were here, we were sitting at the table eating lunch together before they had to leave for their flight home. Titus was lining his food up neatly...

My mom said, "Are you going to be an interior decorator?"
Titus shook his head no.
She then asked, "Are you going to work in construction?"
Titus shook his head and said, "No."
Trying again, she asked, "Are you going to be a school teacher?"
Titus said, "Yes" with a big smile.


Last night Steve went to a men's bible study so I was doing Titus' bedtime alone. When I told him it was time to go to bed he ran into his room and tried to hide beside the queen bed that's in his room (it doubles as a guest room). I put him up on the bed and went to get his stuffed animals that he sleeps with. When I came back he was lying on the bed and said, "Night night." So, I told him good night and closed the door, leaving him on the bed. I really expected to hear him climb down from the bed and come knocking on the door...he didn't. It was quiet for about ten minutes and when I went in to check on him he was just sitting on the bed. The next time I checked, he was fast asleep. I arranged some pillows around the bed and on the floor just in case he fell off. I heard him cry out once early in the morning and went to check on him thinking he may have fallen off...he didn't. I woke him when I went in as he must have cried in his sleep. I laid on the bed with him and he looked over and said, "Hi Mommy." Then he said, "Daddy work" and went back to sleep. He woke up an hour earlier than normal, but otherwise had a great first night sleeping in a big bed. Tonight, however, he said he wanted to sleep in his crib. So, I guess he's not ready to transition yet, which is fine. He does great in his crib so if that's where he wants to stay for now, he can. We'll work on the transition later.


Today Ben & Jerry's ice cream had free cone day. After dinner we went out to the location near the beach and we each got a free cone. Titus loved his but had trouble keeping it under control. As we were leaving he had a litle bit of cone left and as he was walking down a couple of steps he turned it sideways and the melted ice cream poured out. His little lip came out and he said, "Oh no" in such a sad little voice.







No comments:

Post a Comment