Tuesday, August 3, 2010

At the Moment

Titus and I are "sitting" at the table, he is eating lunch. Actually he's running around the kitchen and sunroon. He just said "the cows stink, it stinks out there." It's a beautiful day, we have all the windows open. The sunroom in this house is amazing. We have french doors that open up from the kitchen to the sunroom. We have them open now which makes it all feel like one huge, open space. It's my favorite part of the house. I told Steve last night that I am enjoying all the fresh air and not living in air conditioning anymore. In Florida, we used the air from about May all the way through October. Never getting a break.

---Titus stopped to smell the flowers that I have on the desk. They were brought to us yesterday by the little Amish girls that live across the street.---

We (Titus and I) were running errands this morning...getting paint for the nursery and groceries...we ran into my dad's cousin at the paint store and a lady whose child I taught in Sunday School probably 8 years ago. Leaving the grocery store, I realized this is the small town, community feel that I haven't had for the past two years.

However driving home I had a moment of remembering our family time on the beach and had to put it out of my head because the thoughts made me so "homesick" for our life in Florida.

I am still processing this all. Still adjusting. Weighing the good and the bad.

Tomorrow Steve's mom is coming to watch Titus so that I can have some time to do...whatever. I'm considering just going to the YMCA pool to work on my pre-delivery tan. :) On Monday, Titus was with my sister for half the day while my mom and I went to Ikea. These are the perks. :)

Steve has been beyond busy. Trying to juggle summer job, yard work, home projects, preparing for new job, summer class, fatherhood, being husband to an emotional pregnant woman who has been only half functioning for two weeks due to back pain. He is exhausted, frustrated, and missing Florida and Saturday mornings spent on the beach.

Titus loves it here although occasionally asks for the beach...but then follows that up with, "beach is too far." Yes, the beach is too far.

Our life has taken us on such an interesting journey. We're learning, trying to be patient and have faith. Desiring to trust God but finding it difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment