It's a peaceful morning here, finally. Titus has just recently started sleeping until 8:00 in the morning. It has been a nice change from his normal 7:00 wake up. Even 7am isn't early, but when up at night with a newborn it seemed to come much too early for me. Added to the fact that I am not a morning person. And even though Titus isn't up yet, I am. Quincy was up at 6. He just went back to sleep a few minutes ago. I hear the hum of his swing. It's rainy this morning and I am enjoying it. I have my morning cappuccino with whipped cream. It's my moment of pleasure. I make one every morning. It's not even caffeinated, I just feel cozy drinking it.
Titus is up now. He went to Quincy, kissed him on the head then looked out the windows at the rain and said, "it's a nice day!"
Our life is starting to settle into a routine. Titus loves his brother. I'm no longer in a complete state of exhaustion. Quincy is starting to sleep longer at night, but is fussy in the evenings. Steve is still trying to find a balance to it all. Through it all though, our household is finally getting the joy back in it. It was missing for awhile. Through the stress of the move, the new baby, Steve's new job, missing our Florida school, church, beach, atmosphere...we struggled for a while. It's better now. We're managing it all...the stress, the work load, the emotions.
We've been here for four months now. The weather has changed. Titus is experiencing fall for the first time. It seems so strange to think that it's still warm in south Florida. If we were there now, we'd be spending our evenings and weekends on the beach. It makes me sad that Quincy isn't growing up there and hasn't been to the beach yet. It was at about this age with Titus that we moved. At just four weeks Titus had put his teeny toes in the sand on the beach at Ft. Lauderdale while we were down interviewing for the job at CCA. When he was six weeks we were packing up our house and getting ready for our big move. I have a big frame with various pictures of Titus' first year of life, all of them were taken on the beach. I'm not sure what Quincy's frame will look like.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment