Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Month

On Sunday my sister commented that Quincy was a month old. I said, "no, he's only four weeks." Then I quickly realized that it was October 3rd and Quincy was indeed a month. Time has flown. Probably because I've been half asleep for most of it. :) A month of mostly sleepless nights sure does take a toll on one. At this point Quincy is waking every 2 and a half hours. He still isn't going right back to sleep, sometimes awake for two hours in the middle of the night. He is starting to be awake more during the day and hopefully that will soon lead to him sleeping more at night. Our days are once again going well. After a great first few days as a family of four, then a rough week of me trying to juggle two boys alone, things now are going smoothly. Titus has been well behaved (as much as a two year can be) and is loving his brother. He seems to have taken to his new big brother role. He refers to Quincy as "his" and is always concerned with knowing where Quincy is. He is constantly kissing and hugging him. I'm amazed at how much Quincy has changed his looks already. I don't remember Titus changing so quickly. He is filling out in his face and growing longer. He has outgrown his newborn clothes and even some of his size three month pajamas. He is starting to make little noises and will focus on Steve or I for long periods of time. We think he is going to be the more laid back, relaxed son...at least we hope so. :) It's been fun to have a newborn in this chilly weather. It feels so new since Titus was born in July and then we moved to Florida the first of September before it started to get cool. My favorite moments are being snuggled up on the couch with Quincy sleeping on my chest.






No comments:

Post a Comment