For breakfast I made sticky buns. I got the recipe from my mom, who got it from my cousin Nicole. For several years my mom made these sticky buns as part of her Christmas morning brunch. I added fruit and little chocolate treats that Steve got from one of his students the day before. For our drink I used a little glass pitcher that had been my Maw's. My mom and her sisters used it as kids. I made a ginger ale-mango juice punch that we had at the home of the Bryan's on Thanksgiving day when we celebrated with them while in Florida. And french vanilla coffee in festive mugs.
Titus praying for our breakfast-
After-
For lunch I made ham steak (Steve is the only meat-eater in our home), my mom's potato casserole recipe, Steve's aunt Jane's sweet potato fluff, my Mom-Mom's cranberry sauce. We also had green beans and rolls. With sparkling cider.
Quincy sat at the table for the first time-
He loved it-
In the afternoon we had appetizers. I used a recipe I found in a parenting magazine to make these-
Along with my favorite chocolate chip toffee cookies from a recipe in my Mennonite cookbook, shrimp, and more sparkling cider.
I'm excited to continue this tradition of spending Christmas day together at home. I'm excited to see how it changes from year to year. I pray that each year is as special as this one was.
No comments:
Post a Comment