Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Snowy Day at Home

Today we woke up to snow falling and the ground a beautiful sparkling white. I was sure Steve would have a delay...but, no. He left and the little boys and I settled in and watched the snow fall.

First up, a photo shoot with Fanti. Titus wanted me to take a picture of him and even told Fonti to smile.


While Quincy was napping, Titus and I set up a blanket with pillows in the sun room so we could watch the snow. From the moment we first moved in this house I've been dreaming of sitting in this room watching the snow fall.

Of course the cars were close by-

Next up, cookies! My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is from the Mennonite Community Cookbook. Instead of nuts I use toffee chips. I bake for exactly 8 minutes 35 seconds and they are incredible. My mom used to grade her recipes so she would remember how she liked each one. I do this now too and this recipe is a definite A plus.

Titus thinks so too-

Quincy hanging out in his crib mid change. I miss having a baby in a onesie all day. I love seeing those chubby legs.


The three of us were on the couch when Titus quickly hopped up and said he had to go fix his hair. He came back and asked for Quincy and told me to take a picture. That's his new thing now, going to fix his hair before a picture. Maybe he's self-conscious of it now that it's growing out again. :) I love his face in this picture. Like he's so annoyed that his little brother wants to snuggle with him. Even though it was he who asked to snuggle with Quincy.


Steve had an early dismissal and got home just after nap time (since he stopped at the gym before coming home). Quincy was happy to have some extra time with his dad-



Quincy was back down for a nap and we made our first snowman together as a family. Titus loved watching the old Frosty the Snowman cartoon this Christmas and was excited to make our own Frosty-





Then he took Frosty's arms and ran-

Frosty put back together again-

Next up, building a tunnel-

Quincy was up again and came out to join us-




Steve already has a delay for tomorrow...we're hoping for a closing. And with snow falling like this, it seems pretty likely-

No comments:

Post a Comment