Titus and I have found a shared interest. Our love for swimming. I remember as a kid wanting to spend hours swimming. Whether at the beach, the Chesapeake Bay, a pool or mountain creek. I have this one memory of being at Ocean City, MD playing in a hotel pool. We had gone as a family and the only memory of that trip that I have is swimming in the pool. I was probably eight or nine.
Lately Titus and I have been spending a lot of evenings at the pool. Just the two of us. It's been nice. Something we both enjoy. A time of bonding for us. I know he's only just turned three but as I watch him change now and mature I know I will have to find new things to do with him. New ways to bond with him. It won't be long before he no longer climbs up on my lap to watch a show or read a book. We will be doing things together. Going places, playing sports, doing homework. New forms of bonding. I will probably have to stretch myself and it will mean my doing things I may not entirely enjoy. But I want our bond to stay strong.
Right now, swimming is our thing.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love these photos...Titus is getting so big!!!
ReplyDelete