Sunday, October 9, 2011

Life Update {Praises}

We've been back in Florida for two and a half months now. When I think back to all I've done, experienced, and been a part of in that time...I am amazed. Coming back I knew I would need to step out of my comfort zone, not hold back at all, and get involved. I guess all three really go together. I was ready this time. I was ready, and excited, to make changes. To watch God work in me. He has been.

When we first arrived, I jumped right in attending the Thursday night ladies bible study summer series. It was so good.

I also joined up with a group of mom's (most of whom I had met before, but not known well) doing a book study on parenting a strong-willed child. It was so excellent! Such a great book and a great group of women. Our discussions were deep, powerful and really life-changing when I think about how I changed some of my parenting methods {with Titus}.

After about a month, I was invited to join the women's axillary for a ministry called His Caring Place. It's a ministry that works with pregnant girls and young mom's. I had the opportunity to attend a spa night for the girls and help to tear down after the event. It was so beautifully done. Massages, facials, manicures and pedicures, haircuts and styling were all offered to the girls. It was a blessing to be a part of the night and connect with the other volunteers afterwards.

I also got to volunteer at an event the church held called the JANE Event. It was an all day conference for girls ages 14-25. I was a greeter, of all things. How far out of my comfort zone is that! :)

Just last week I was invited to join a group of moms being led by pastors wives to start a new mom's ministry at the church. I am so excited about this because it is exactly what I needed the first time we moved here. A group of mom's meeting to discuss everyday topics and the struggles that come with being a stay-at-home mom with young kids. The ministry is for mom's with kids ages 0-5. A way for moms to connect, get support, be a support to others and get bible study and practical tips. The kick-off event for this is next month.

In addition to that, I've been having play dates, made a new dear friend who has been a huge blessing {love you, Dayna}, taken Titus with a group of others to see Disney On Ice, volunteered to be classroom yearbook photographer for Titus' class, found a few great babysitters. The Lord has been BLESSING us in so many ways.

We are so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment