Sunday, November 1, 2009

Basketball at the Park

We're at the end of a wonderful weekend spent together as a family. Steve stayed late at the school on Friday so that he wouldn't have to bring home so much schoolwork this weekend. We started the weekend with a trip to the beach Saturday morning, then another morning on the beach today and we ended our weekend with a late afternoon trip to the park for some basketball. Titus is a blast at the beach. I think he would stay all day if we let him. We now have found "our spot" on the beach...at the end, between two rock formations. There are many rock formations spread out along the beach at Deerfield. It works well for Titus because it keeps him somewhat contained. He loves the rocks and spends most of his time by them. Today, for the first time, he gathered seashells in his little bucket. After the beach we came home for Titus to have lunch and a nap. After naptime we went to the park where Titus played with the basketball and ran around discovering things. I've been looking at Titus the past few days and feeling like he suddenly grew overnight. He looks like such a big boy now. His vocabulary is growing each day and sometimes shocks us. On our way to the pumpkin patch last week while in the car, Titus was fussing. Steve said, "You're going buck wild, Titus." To which Titus replied, "buck wild." It was clear as day. We looked at each other and laughed so hard. He is quite the little character. We're still struggling with trying to control his temper. I think it's going to require a lot of prayer. We're also noticing how shy he is at the moment. In the past when a stranger would talk to him he would look away, and he still does this if we're holding him. However if he is standing and someone talks to him he will put his head down all the way until his chin is on his chest. I try to gently lift his little chin and tell him to look up. I notice that I often say, "he's being bashfull" or the person who he's hiding from will comment on him being shy. I don't want him to be labeled (and then become) a shy child. It's not necessarily a bad thing for now, but I don't want him to continue to be scared of people. We just need to work with him and figure out how we want to handle it. He has been doing very well in nursery which is encouraging. We know that he will develop into just the person God wants him to be.

Side note- the second to last picture...Steve shot the ball from behind Titus. Titus didn't throw it that high...yet. :)
Also, the wristband...Titus found it in our closest and wears it for hours. I think he forgets it's there.










No comments:

Post a Comment