Friday, February 12, 2010

Baby Names

In my searching to find a name for our next child, I found out something interesting about the name of our first child. We chose the name Titus because we thought it sounds strong and masculine. We chose to his middle name to be Dustin after my brother who died a few years ago. It was our only choice for a boy and we never searched any other boy names. I'm one who likes to know the meaning of a name, but I guess I never looked up the meaning of Titus because it was just a given that if we had a boy that is the name he would have. And honestly, I really thought I was having a girl so maybe that is another reason why I never looked up the meaning...because I didn't think we'd be using the name. Tonight while searching baby name websites I decided to look up Titus. One site said...Titus has an unknown meaning, although some believe it comes from the Greek tio meaning to honor. Another site notes that it means name in honor and goes on to suggest that the child be given an additional first name after Titus, using the name of the person being honored. I thought that so interesting that we did just that. Without even being fully aware of the significance of naming our son Titus Dustin. We truly did honor Dustin.

No comments:

Post a Comment