Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Toddler Days



I like this picture, even though his expression is a little odd (he was eating goldfish), because it shows how much he is changing. Every so often I look at Titus and notice that he's changing his looks and maturing. Today was one of those times. We've been struggling lately with his behavior and I know it has to do with the fact that he is getting deeper into the toddler stage and closer to the terrible two's. Just today I noticed it in his looks also.

The parenting book that I've been posting about has been a good source of encouragement for me in the area of discipline. The book talks so much about developing our children and has helped me to stay consistent and looking at the bigger picture in parenting even though I'm not seeing results immediately. Titus is very (and I mean VERY) strong-willed. That combined with his temper has made for some (many) tough and trying days. We (Steve and I) are at a point where we are understanding his frustration with being unable or not allowed to do something and are working to help Titus through it. I think we have this new sense of urgency also in knowing that, even though it's seven months away, we will soon have two children so we better get the first one under control. :)

Here is our little man at one of his better moments...

1 comment:

  1. Temper tantrums? NOT TITUS! Look at that cute face! :) Ok, kidding....
    I'm actually having a hard time right now with discipline. It's so hard to be consistent when you're sitting on the couch with a baby on your boob, and a toddler across the room banging his xylophone mallet into the wall!

    ReplyDelete