Friday, February 12, 2010

Blizzards Don't Reach Florida

Well I've been closely "watching" the storm that has been hitting back home. Through the weather channel, various blogs, facebook, e mail, and phone calls I sometimes forget that we are in south Florida and have weather in the 60's-70's. I woke up the one morning half expecting to see a snow covered ground. I am sad to be missing it. I know most who are experiencing the blizzard would love to leave it all behind and spend time in Florida...not I. I have always loved the snow. The beauty and excitement of it. Waiting for it to start, wondering if school will let out early or be cancelled (that's the great part about being married to a teacher...that excitement lasts into adulthood), watching the ground slowly become covered in white. I love it all. It's been hard to be here when all that is going on there. For years to come, people from the north will talk about the Blizzard of 2010....not us. I do forget though the feeling of being stuck inside for days (which seems to be cease with this storm...my parents section of the road just got opened today...three days after the storm hit) and dealing with the slush and mud that comes after the snow has melted. So, for now, we'll enjoy the pictures and remember the snow that we did get to enjoy when we were home for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment