Today was Mother's Day
and I turned twenty-nine.
Mostly it was a normal day with a few sweet treats along the way.
We went to church last night so that we could sleep in today.
Titus wasn't a fan of that idea and was up at 7:00.
Steve and Titus were planning to run to Starbucks to get me a frappuccino, but when Titus refused to get in the car, I told them not to bother.
I did a load of laundry, "Fanti" needed to be washed.
I emptied the dishwasher, and re-loaded it.
We went to a late breakfast and Titus threw a creamer hitting the man behind us.
I got chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream.
We stopped at the park on the way home so Titus could get some energy out.
I laid down when we put Titus down hoping for a long nap,
he only slept and hour and ten minutes.
Gave Titus a spanking for throwing his snack on the floor.
Vacuumed up the snack on the floor.
Temperature hit record high, 94 degrees,
so I treated myself to a bowl of chocolate ice cream.
Listened to Titus giggling in the tub while he created a huge puddle on the floor.
Cleaned up the huge puddle on the floor.
Gave Titus 2 more spankings for opening his bedroom door when he was supposed to be sleeping.
Fought with Titus for an hour and a half to get him to go to bed.
Had a good, deep conversation wth Steve about our life and what we want for our kids.
Got my birthday gift from Steve...money to go shopping.
Talked to a dear friend on the phone while eating m&ms.
Felt baby boy pushing on my sides.
Checked on Titus and found him sleeping peacefully...and smiled at how much I love him.
Cut the back of Steve's hair.
Felt guilty for eating chocolate all day, but only for a minute.
After all, it was my special day.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to say that when you wrote about Titus throwing the creamer I had to laugh only because that's totally something that I thought would only happen to me with my kids. It's comforting to know that it's not, but stinks for you that it happened just the same. I hope you enjoyed your special day even with a few 'road bumps' along the way.
ReplyDelete