Thursday, August 26, 2010

Nearing the End

I can't believe I'm now down to just days left of this pregnancy. So much has happened in the course of the past nine months. It wasn't my favorite of the two pregnancies, but looking back I feel like it went so fast. I was 38 weeks on Tuesday and have just 12 days left until my due date of September 7th. This baby has been following the same pattern as my pregnancy with Titus. He's been measuring 2 weeks ahead at each appointment. Because of that my midwife says she will not let me go more than one or two days past my due date. So, at most, I have exactly two weeks left. When I went for my appointment this week I was only measuring at 1cm and not effaced at all. When my midwife looked back at my 38 week check-up for Titus, I was at exactly the same place and then my water broke three days later. I'm hoping the same this time. :) The past two days I've been getting all the final details taken care of. Finishing touches on the Moses basket that he'll come home to sleep in, the final packing of (and shopping for) my hospital bag, making sure all the laundry baskets are empty, writing notes for whoever watches Titus (depending on the day and time labor begins), cleaning and organizing. I think we're ready now....so now we wait.

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture!!! Looking forward to hearing about the arrival of your little guy...I pray all goes smoothly for you!!!

    ReplyDelete