Thursday night Steve and I dropped Titus off at aunt Jane's for the evening so we could do some back to school shopping for Steve. After finishing our shopping we picked Titus up at about 10pm that night and I was feeling like I might back out of the induction scheduled for the next morning.
After getting home late, finally getting Titus to bed and getting the house cleaned up, I tried to go to bed. Tossing and turning until finally falling asleep around 1am. I woke up at 2:30am with contractions. I didn't want to wake Steve right away not knowing if this was "it" but also not wanting to wait too long since I knew we'd have to wait for Steve's mom to arrive and we have a 40 minute drive to the hospital. I finally woke Steve and told him to get his bag ready. Then he noticed the contractions and asked me how far apart they were. When I answered "3 to 4 minutes" he hopped up and started to get dressed. At 3:30am I noticed my water was starting to leak (this happened with Titus, too). I got in the shower and shortly after Mom-Mom arrived with her bag to stay with Titus. We left for the hospital at just after 4am.
The drive to the hospital was quick, with no traffic on the roads it only took us 30 minutes. We checked in and were sent to triage to be looked over. I was only 2 cm. From there we were taken to our delivery room and it was decided that Steve and I should order breakfast and then I'd be started on Pitocin. Steve and I enjoyed our shared breakfast of eggs, hash browns, toast, french toast and juice. I would never want to deliver anywhere but at Women's & Babies Hospital in Lancaster! At 9am I was started on Pitocin. I managed to make it two hours (11am) before getting the epidural. After getting the epidural, I was exhausted. Having only slept an hour and a half the night before and now feeling such relief from the pain, I didn't even have the energy to talk. I just wanted to rest. However after only an hour I started to feel some pressure. With both of my deliveries I got an epidural and each time it was just enough to take the pain away but still allow me to feel the pressure of the contractions...which I am so happy for. Asking the nurse to check me she found that I was ready to push. My midwife was called from her office and we waited a few minutes for her to arrive. By the time she did I was ready...and I mean ready to push. I wasn't sure she'd make it. I pushed through three contractions and Quincy Steven Mayo was born.
I was instantly in love with him.
I hate to say that it took me some time to bond with Titus after his birth, but it did. I didn't have that instant connection with Titus that I had heard so many women talk about.
But I had it with Quincy.
I feel like that was a blessing from God. During the pregnancy I had many moments of feeling like this pregnancy was happening at the worst possible time. And I knew that if I hadn't been pregnant we most likely wouldn't have moved home. This became really difficult to face once we started having second thoughts about moving back...even harder when we felt we made the wrong decision in moving back. I didn't feel as excited about this baby as I had felt with Titus.
Now that he's here I am so in love.
Beautiful!!! This gives me hope for no induction! Love the pics... makes me excited for our next addition.
ReplyDelete