Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rainy Days


The past two days Titus has been wonderful. Sweet, loving, funny and just so fun to have around. Such a change from the boy he was over the weekend. Maybe he finally came to terms with the fact that Quincy is here to stay. He's started referring to him as "my Quincy" rather than "Mommy's Quincy." He wants to hold him and have his picture taken with him.

I've been even more exhausted (didn't think that was possible) on Monday and Tuesday this week as Quincy has been getting up more often at night and staying awake once he is up. The rainy days that we've been having have been welcomed by me and we've been staying in our pajamas all day long.

Yesterday, for the first time ever, Titus played in the mud. I guess we didn't have a lot of mud in Florida, at least not by our condo. We went out on the front porch to watch the rain and he was so intriged by the water spout. After just lightly splashing in it for a few minutes he soon discovered it's much more fun to dig in the mud of the flowerbed.





After getting cleaned up, Titus did a little coloring. I'd been debating getting Titus an art easel...but realized it works just as well to tape freezer paper to a table.




He soon realized that it's more fun to roll all the crayons off the table-

So that's just what he did...until they were all on the floor-

The finished product-

Titus asked me to take a picture of him and Quincy. He wanted me to take the picture on his bed. Instead I set them on a blanket on our floor. But I loved that Titus was "staging" the picture. He even told me just where Quincy was to sit...beside him. But again, I directed and had him hold his brother since he can't quite sit next to him yet. :)

Titus cracking up when Quincy rolled off his lap-


1 comment:

  1. That first picture of Titus is GREAT!
    And.....I want a picture house tour :) Those windows are divine!

    ReplyDelete