Saturday, November 12, 2011

Community Event

This week I found a flyer stuck in our gate for a church community day. It was being held by the church right next door to us. As the week went on I kinda forgot about it. Last night I was driving home from a girl's night out (a woman's birthday party at a pottery painting place...awesome idea for moms!) and I saw the tent going up. It reminded me that I had wanted to try to go over as a family. We did go today after Quincy's morning nap. Steve and I each pushing a stroller. It was a beautiful day. Cool and sunny. It was a great event. So much for Titus to enjoy. It's fun to see him now at the age where he can do these types of activities...a bounce house, pony ride, sitting in a fire truck. They had the worship team playing and as we were leaving the house Titus said, "they sing that at our church." When we got there we were asked to register and were given raffle tickets. Steve won free coffee for a year from the 7 Eleven right next to our house and my ticket was picked for 10 free coffees, 10 Slurpees and 10 hot dogs. The church seemed really nice and I told Steve it seems like a church we would enjoy. Small, diverse and with a lot to offer...and everything that we are used to. Maybe we'll try a service sometime to get a little taste of home. :)












He went down that thing so many times.

Snow cone on a hot day-

Two brothers sharing a snow cone on a hot day :) -

I love how Titus has his arm around Quincy during their "conversation"-

Watching a firetruck-


Sometimes I wish I could freeze him at this age. I don't ever want to forget that little face.-


So composed-

Reminds me of the time we took him to the Strasburg Railroad. He rode for the entire ride sitting just like that. His little hands folded in his lap, just taking it all in.

And on our walk back home, we stopped by the 7 Eleven for some free Slurpees. :)
Great day.

And now we have one more week until Thanksgiving break starts. I'm not sure which one of us is looking forward to it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment