Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Break, Thanksgiving Day

Although we did have some moments of missing family, missing PA and feeling so strange for it to be hot on Thanksgiving morning...and it wasn't from the fireplace...we did enjoy our Thanksgiving day. It's funny how there is an excitement in the air on a holiday. We were all just a little bit excited and more content to be at home than we might be on a "normal" day. I got up with the boys, made my coffee, opened up all the doors and windows and Titus and I waited for the parade to begin. I was a little sad that they don't show Philadelphia. Steve and I took the train into Philadelphia several years in the past to see the Thanksgiving parade. This Thanksgiving we watched the Macy's parade in New York City. I guess that will be our new tradition.

In the afternoon we drove to Boca Raton to the home of Ginny Brandecker who teachers Spanish at the school. She and her husband have a beautiful home on one of the waterways. Their children are grown and most live out of state. They invited us this year along with another couple who teaches at CCA. We had a wonderful meal, then sat outside watching Titus run around the pool, dipping his feet in and playing with their dog. We stayed until evening, sitting outside enjoying the breeze.

Enjoying the sun coming in through the front door-

Watching the parade-

After dinner at the Brandecker home-











Ginny had this pheasant on her table-

It made Titus a little uneasy. After dinner he wanted to play on the rug with his cars. When I came in to check on him he quickly told me to "be quiet so it doesn't move." He got so upset when I started laughing and he kept whispering to me "be quiet, stop laughing, it will move."

Back outside, down to his underwear after getting wet in the pool-

No comments:

Post a Comment