Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quick Update

Just thought I'd give an update as to how we're all doing (physically and emotionally).

Physically we're now at about 33 percent. I am feeling good again. It's funny how in the middle of an illness, it's impossible to imagine ever feeling good again. After the illness has passed, you can't remember how terrible you felt. Steve is, I think, coming down with what I had. He had the fever and has had a sore throat for a couple of days now. Which is how it all started for me...then the terrible throat pain started. Which is what he is now beginning to experience. Titus has had his runny nose and congestion for almost two weeks now. We're doing all we can to make him comfortable and each morning I just hope it's gone. Today is the first I noticed him chewing on his fingers so it leads me to believe he may be getting his molars.

Emotionally it's been a lot of ups and downs. One minute I love it here and the next I want to go back to Pennsylvania. With us all feeling so bad physically last week brought about much emotional sadness. Being here without the help of our moms (who I know would've gone above and beyond for us had we been home) made us both homesick. This was a first for Steve. He is still enjoying school and loves what he's teaching this year...but, for the first time he realized how much of a difference it makes to have family nearby during the rough patches in life. I also had to face the fact that I am fighting with God for control of our situation. I want to know now where we'll be next year but I know too that I need to just wait for God to show us.

No comments:

Post a Comment