Thursday, September 10, 2009

Whew...

...what a week we've been having. Actually it all started the second half of last week. Titus is sitting here now eating breakfast with his little nose running down to his lip...I have my hand on my throat trying to give it some kind of comfort...while watching the door waiting for Steve to come back from the school...at 8:06am. He left the house at 5:40am in his sweats with a fever (it was probably already 80 degrees when he left) to go get things ready for a substitute. Yes, we are all sick. It started with Titus getting a fever last week. He had it for two nights and then it turned into a cold. I got the fever on Saturday night. I slept pretty much all day Sunday and had a fever again Sunday night. Then I got the worst sore throat I could've ever imagined. I went to a doctor (that I found in the yellow pages) yesterday...and was less than impressed. He said it looks like an infection and gave me a prescription. I am considering going to someone else today. Steve was determined not to get sick...he did. Yesterday after getting home from school his fever started. While he was on the phone for 3 hours with the Internet people trying to figure out why our new service that we had installed yesterday doesn't work. It has been one thing after another. We have been "borrowing" service from our neighbors since we've been back in FL but it goes out for us occasionally. We didn't have any service for about 5 days so we finally got around to having it installed...it didn't work. Is it more testing for us...or a sign that we shouldn't be here? At this point we all want to pack up a Uhaul and head home...even Steve. We have been back here for a month now and have been experiencing more days like this than we'd like. In the midst of it all, we've been trying so hard to get to know people and get involved...really giving it our all this year. We said this year would be our decision year. That we would give it all we had so that we could make a fair judgement at the end as to whether or not we should stay long term. It's been so difficult to keep a positive attitude about it all when we've had all this "junk" happening in our daily lives. So, for everyone who thinks we're down here soaking up the sun and sand, lying on the beach and floating in the pool... just because we live at the beach doesn't mean that our life is always a "day at the beach."

It hasn't been all bad though. Here are some good moments from the past two weeks...


No comments:

Post a Comment